Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

15/365

Today kids we are going to talk about tattoos. This is one of my tatts. It's a Samoan Warriors piece. These tattoos are a right of passage and have been a time honored tradition for centuries. Mine is a non traditional piece. The last thing I wanted was to piss off a big ass Samoan. So think of your tatt before you get one.

My father has a couple of tattoos, and a kid I always wanted one. In our house whatever one parent decided the other couldn't undo. So when I was about 15, and arguing with my mother, she said I couldn't get one until I was 18. I shut my mouth and smiled. A couple of days after my 18th birthday I called my mother from the tattoo shop to let her know I might be late for dinner because I was getting a tattoo. As mad as she was she couldn't argue because her word was her word.

I've gotten several more tatts since then, and she has hated them all equally, but this one is my newest. I plan to add more to it later this year.

If you don't have a tatt and plan on getting one, the best piece of advice I can give you is get it bigger than you want it and pay for it. Don't let the price scare you. I've seen more people get one smaller, less detailed, or just pick something totally different just because it cost more then they thought. Remember it's going to be with you for the rest of your life. Don't be cheep.


No comments:

Post a Comment